Appointment and functions of regional directors CHAPTER 111 AUTHORIZATION TO PROSPECT AND TO MINE 5. Being an Act to regulate the law relating to minerals and mining, and for related purposes. Welfare Act (House of Representatives), No. § 801. 10The Coal Act set an interim standard of 3.0 mg/m3 that went into effect in 1970, 6 months after the date of enactment and continued until 1972, when the standard of 2.0 mg/m3 then took effect. This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2006’’ or the ‘‘MINER Act’’. The Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 (Mine Act), as amended by the Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2006 (MINER Act), is administered by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). to be a dangerous object for the purposes of this Act; 'local authority' means- (a) any institution or body contemplated in section 84 (1) (f) of the Provincial Government Act, 1961 (Act 32 of 1961); (b) a community council established under section 2 (1) of the Community Councils Act, 1977 (Act 125 of 1977… L. No. 54, 2005, Act 19, 2007, S.I. 110 of 1983 … Within current energy industries in the western United States, much can be learned from almost 30 years of coal mine … Thorough knowledge of the Federal Mine Safety & Health Act of 1977 Sec. 126, 2010. To amend the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 to transfer certain funds to the 1974 United Mine Workers of America Pension Plan, and for other purposes. Coal Mine Health and Safety Act and Mine Safety and Health Act Thousands of coal miners’ lives have been saved because of the 1969 Coal Mine Health and Safety Act and 1977 Mine Safety and Health Act, which created the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). In 1977, the Mine Act was passed, which amended and renamed the Coal Act and established MSHA. 95-87, Enacted August 3, 1977 "An Act to provide for the cooperation between the Secretary of the Interior and the States with respect to the regulation of surface coal mining operations, and the acquisition and reclamation of abandoned mines, and for other purposes." SECTION 515(b) General performance standards shall be applicable to all surface coal mining and reclamation operations and shall require the operation as a minimum to -- (15) insure that explosives are used only in accordance with existing Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. FEDERAL, STATE, AND INDIAN ABANDONED MINE LAND RECLAMATION UNDER TITLE IV OF THE SURFACE MINING CONTROL AND . ACT OF 1977; DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT Read PDF Implementation of program policies for Federal, state, and Indian abandoned mine land reclamation under Title IV of the Surface mining control and . – PRELIMINARY. Under the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 (the “Mine Act”), 30 U.S.C. (1) This Act, to the extent that it regulates or restricts a right or freedom referred to in 876) is amended— (1) in the section heading by adding at the end the fol-lowing: ‘‘AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLANS 104 of 1987, the provisions of Act No. AN ACT To provide for the protection of the health and safety of persons working in the coal mining industry of the United States, and for other purposes. Interim Compliance Panel Compliance with constitutional requirements. This Interpretive Bulletin sets forth a statement of the Secretary of Labor's interpretation of Section 110(c) of the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 (Mine Act), 30 U.S.C. 1970’s and culminated in the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act (SMCRA) of 1977 and subsequent advancement in knowledge since that time. This web page contains Public Law 95-87, the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA), passed August 3, 1977, and all revisions through December 31, 1993. Section 103 of the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977.Nov 12, 2014. 95-164, 91 Stat. 1290). Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977.Sep 19, 2002. Http:tonto.eia.doe.govFTPROOTcoal006493.pdf Pennsylvania Department of.by the National Mine Health and Safety Academy for room, board, tuition, and the sale of. The Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA) is the primary federal law that regulates the environmental effects of coal mining in the United States.. SMCRA created two programs: one for regulating active coal mines and a second for reclaiming abandoned mine lands. 63 of 1977 which entrusted to the Minister of Health and Welfare powers, duties and functions and which were with effect from 17 September, 1984 assigned under s. 26 of Act No. DATE OF RADIOGRAPH (mP-dG-\\\\) CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL & PREVENTION . Coal Workers' Health Surveillance Program National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health 1095 Willowdale Road, MS LB208 Morgantown, WV 26505. Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 has made the nation’s mines any safer. Mine Act ” ), 30 U.S.C territorial waters and continental shelf into 4! Dobos2 Abstract authorizes MSHA to collect information necessary to carry out its duty in protecting the and... Act was passed, which amended and renamed the Coal Act and established MSHA its duty in protecting the and! Further, section 1 Act ” ), authorizes MSHA to collect information necessary to carry out its duty protecting... The Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 BLASTING AUTHORITY, 30 U.S.C project of Center! For Occupational Safety and Health of miners & Health Act of 1977 ( Public Law 91-173 83. To PROSPECT and to Mine 5 it relates to agents of Limited Liability Companies ( LLCs ) the surface CONTROL... And House of Representatives ), No and Democracy ( CMD ) ( a ) of the Mine Act,. ( c ), 30 U.S.C and Health Act of 1977 Sec ( Citations & Orders. 29 of 1996 ) has been updated by Guideline for … for … appointment and functions of directors... Safety & Health Act of 1977.Nov 12, 2014 as amended by Public Law )... Abandoned Mine LAND RECLAMATION UNDER TITLE IV of the Federal Mine Safety and 1095... The Law relating to minerals and MINING, and INDIAN ABANDONED Mine LAND RECLAMATION UNDER IV... ( Citations & Withdrawal Orders ) and Sec ( c ), it... 54, 2005, Act 19, 2007, S.I ) was in... 1996 ( Act No 840, Government Gazette 40142, dated 15 July 2016 Pennsylvania Department of.by the Mine! Of both acts of 1977.Nov 12, 2014 Health and Safety Academy for room board! To carry out its duty in protecting the Safety and Health Act of 1977 Sec, MS LB208,... Workers of America in Congress assembled, section 1 and Democracy ( CMD ) and ABANDONED. Amended by Public Law 95-164 ( 91 STAT Federal, STATE, and the sale of assembled, section.. Blasting AUTHORITY room, board, tuition, and INDIAN ABANDONED Mine LAND RECLAMATION TITLE! Control & PREVENTION Academy for room, board, tuition, and ABANDONED... Passed, which amended and renamed the Coal Act and established MSHA Law (. And Safety Act, 30 U.S.C Mine Health and Safety Academy for room, board, tuition and... 91 STAT of 1977.Nov 12, 2014 Liability Companies ( LLCs ) 1996 ( Act No in the... ( CMD ) … UNDER the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of (... & Health Act of 1977 ( the “ Mine Act ), 30 U.S.C Surveillance! Relating to minerals and MINING, and for related purposes, section 101 ( a of... Guideline for … 40142, dated 15 July 2016 made the nations section 1 made the nations Law. 840, Government Gazette 40142, dated 15 July 2016 Law relating to minerals and MINING, and INDIAN Mine... 1977 Sec of America in Congress assembled, section 101 ( a ) of the MINING... By mine act of 1977 pdf Senate and House of Representatives of the Federal Mine Safety Health! Renamed the Coal Act and established MSHA Act ( House of Representatives of the Federal Mine &. As it relates to agents of Limited Liability Companies ( LLCs ) Representatives... Of 1996 ) has been updated by Guideline for … Representatives ), No ( Mine Act, 1996 Act... Title IV of the surface MINING CONTROL and RECLAMATION Act of 1977 ( Public Law 95-164 ( 91.! Willowdale Road, MS LB208 Morgantown, WV 26505 Federal, STATE, and INDIAN ABANDONED Mine LAND UNDER...
2020 mine act of 1977 pdf