The preamp and DAC had Shunyata Research Venom HC power cords, the laptop and amps their stock cords. Lancée en 2016 pour célébrer le 40ème anniversaire de la marque, l’enceinte Dynaudio Special Forty est devenue une véritable référence de sa catégorie. . Accélérez votre recherche . Check Price. They’re surefooted when it comes to timing and rhythms too, rendering the changing momentum of a piece well while keeping our toes tapping. Dynaudio Special 40 speakers in Birch Red. Access, or that Jeff Fritz found in the sound of their Contour 60 ($10,000/pair) when he reviewed that speaker for SoundStage! The reason for this is that the Special Forty has been created to celebrate Dynaudio’s forty years as a speaker manufacturer and is therefore a bit of a present to itself. All rights reserved. We all assumed it was the towers. Up front was a Samsung laptop computer running Windows 10, Roon, and Tidal’s desktop app, feeding an EMM Labs DA2 Reference digital-to-analog converter via an AudioQuest Diamond USB link, the DAC’s analog signal then going into a Constellation Audio Revelation Pictor preamplifier through Crystal Cable Standard Diamond balanced interconnects. The Special Forty's 6.7" woofer is based on Dynaudio's 17W75 MSP unit, but features an improved spider for better motional symmetry. The Special Forty can fit in with any decor, with a sound that's similarly low-key, but that's why they'll wear well over time. Quite literally, it’s in a class of its own. The speaker’s specified overall sensitivity is 86dB (2.83V/1m), its nominal impedance 6 ohms -- both pretty typical for a two-way minimonitor. Dynaudio audience 52 se Haut-parleurs Maple. The review specifically mentioned “The Special Forty's top octave was a touch on the mellow side” and “This recording's rich, warm balance was complemented by the Dynaudio… To contact us, please e-mail info@soundstagenetwork.com. 2 990,00 EUR. While these speakers are great at revealing low-level information, they’re just as happy to rock along with something and just entertain. No price information. Doug Schneiderdas@soundstagenetwork.com. Esotar Forty. $120 off wireless Solo Pro at Best Buy. Dynaudio didn’t just plonk in the units from the C1 - the drivers have been fettled, with markedly improved results. The Special Forty's crossover is set at 2kHz, meaning that there is a "safe zone" of an octave either side of it. I also enjoyed the vast illusion of space the pair of them could provide from recordings that contained such information -- and which weren’t limited to super-duper audiophile recordings. But topping off the Special Forty’s topflight build quality and novel veneering is Dynaudio’s long, strong warranty: five years, parts and labor, or eight years with registration. Mais il ne s’agit pas de regarder en arrière, les yeux embrumés, les gloires du passé et de s’en tenir là. Dynaudio Special Forty is now available in Black Vine, which the manufacturer describes as a clashing contrast of a dark veneer interspersed with vibrant orange tones. Amazon. The Forty couldn’t be pushed to extremely high volume levels -- the ear-splitting, headbanging range -- but they could easily play loud enough for most people. Exceptional sound quality and design in every Dynaudio loudspeaker. Made in Denmark. Time and again in my listening since that break-in time, I’ve noticed how free of colorations the sound of the Special Fortys is, regardless of what sort of music I play through them. “The tonal balance of the Special Forty is near perfect, the imaging and the freedom from the speaker itself is first-class, and reproducing the midrange is simply wonderful.” “Just compare a female voice, either alto or soprano, because here the Special Forty can … © Pushed to pretty high listening levels, their sound remained clean through the bass and the rest of the audioband. Please refresh the page and try again. The Special Forty's internal wiring of OFC copper is sourced from van den Hul, and electrical connection is via a single pair of high-quality binding posts below the port. Most compact two-ways can’t do one or either of those things. In Dynaudio’s dark display room in Munich it was the Red Birch finish that caught my eye -- it’s brighter and more vibrant. The 1.1” (28mm) soft-dome tweeter, the Esotar Forty, is based on their highly successful Esotar2. (The Special Forty can’t be biwired or biamped.). The Special Fourty features a unique ve Like all Dynaudio speakers, the Forty was designed and is manufactured at their headquarters, in Skanderborg, Denmark. Likewise, the magnetically attached grille is functional but no work of art. Votre commande Fermer. Before I sat down to finish writing this part of the review, I streamed “Is It a Crime,” from Sade’s Promise (16/44.1 FLAC, Epic/Tidal), and was awestruck at the width and depth of the soundstage. The result is a super-sturdy cabinet that sounded and felt rock-hard when I rapped it with a knuckle, even though it weighs only 17.9 pounds. The Special Forty is classic Dynaudio: all the craftsmanship, attention to detail and total love of authentic sound you’ve come to expect. How to buy speakers and set them up for the best sound, Best speaker deals - hi-fi, Bluetooth, wireless, The best OLED TV deals: LG, Sony, Vizio, 55, 65 and 77-inch TVs, Huge Beats headphones deal! There’s a good sense of depth, which extends the presentation well beyond the confines of our listening room. The Special Forty was created to celebrate Dynaudio’s 40th anniversary, in 2017, and is surprisingly affordable at $2999 USD per pair (about which more below). Trouvez Dynaudio enceintes sur Leboncoin, eBay, Amazon et autres. The manufacturing process used to create the Special Forty’s veneer is more elaborate than we might expect: 1.5mm-thick wood slices are cut from birch wood in Finland. The build quality is excellent. Dynaudio Special 40 for sale. Tweeter covers were never removed. These speakers are indeed designed as something of a homage to the company’s past, but they’re not meant to be museum pieces. The bass above 40Hz sounded tight but wooden -- thuddy, actually -- without the bloom or fullness I’d heard in Munich. They image well too, the orchestra organised with precision and stability. Receive news and offers from our other brands? The new Special 40’s follow in their tradition of releasing “special” speakers when they hit certain anniversaries. Provenance : Italie. DYNAUDIO Special Forty. The engineers worked on improving airflow and damping behind the 28mm tweeter dome - the idea is to reduce back-pressure as the diaphragm moves, increasing detail and lowering distortion. BA1 1UA. It’s the connoisseur’s choice – a simple pair of passive hi-fi speakers. It’s the connoisseur’s choice – a simple pair of passive hi-fi speakers. These are a special edition Dynaudio intended to celebrate 40 years of loudspeaker manufacturing. I couldn’t be sure if the break-in had also tamed the top end a bit, or if the improvements in the bass now made the highs seem less pronounced, but the Special Fortys sounded so much better balanced throughout the audioband that their sound now seemed perfectly balanced from 40Hz up. Bigger, bass-heavier speakers -- typically, three- or more-way floorstanders -- usually overloaded that room. Dynaudio offers the best loudspeakers for your home, studio and car. But it isn’t about looking back, misty-eyed, at past glories and leaving it at that. Rating: Amazon Rating-Price: Check Price. MORE: How to buy speakers and set them up for the best sound. 2 voies / 2 HP. ; Dynaudio's best 6.7" woofer yet – The ultimate incarnation of our legendary 17W75 MSP woofer, with an AirFlow Basket and hybrid magnet system. Dynaudio Special 40 Bookshelf Speakers Cutting-edge acoustic technology in a classic Dynaudio design. 40,00 EUR de frais de livraison. Network. Bowers & Wilkins 803 Diamond Loudspeakers, Hegel Music Systems H390 Integrated Amplifier-DAC, Hegel Music Systems H95 Integrated Amplifier-DAC, Lyngdorf Audio TDAI-3400 Integrated Amplifier-DAC, Hegel Music Systems H120 Integrated Amplifier-DAC, Raven Audio Avian Nighthawk MK3 Integrated Amplifier, Musical Fidelity M8xi Integrated Amplifier-DAC. These are the 2020 model. This resolution is apparent whatever genre of music we play. But once we start listening none of that matters. The new Special Forty anniversary speaker draws on 40 years of cutting-edge research – and brings it totally up to date with Dynaudio’s most celebrated techniques and technologies. But I know from experience that for any speaker to work well in my current room, it must be able to deliver pretty deep bass or its sound will be too light. A thicker MDF is used for the front baffle. Finition laquée. Dynaudio prefers such an arrangement because they say it optimizes phase integrity and allows them to create a more audibly seamless blend of the drivers’ outputs. It’s the connoisseur’s choice – a simple pair of passive hi-fi speakers. It’s the connoisseur’s choice – a simple pair of passive hi-fi speakers. Dynaudio claims that the Special Forty’s tweeter can comfortably reproduce frequencies down to 1kHz, and its woofer up to 3kHz -- a full octave below and half an octave above the speaker’s crossover frequency of 2kHz. C’est simple : Cherchez, Cliquez, Trouvez ! Note: Measurements taken in the anechoic chamber at Canada's National Research Council can be found through this link. Accélérez votre recherche . The new Esotar Forty tweeter maximizes airflow for even more refinement while its low resonant frequency smooths the transition to the woofer. The Special Forty is clearly a very capable speaker when partnered with the right source and amplification, largely because its constituent parts are highly refined examples of Dynaudio… But i am wondering if the newer Dynaudio Evoke 20 will offer similar performance / similar sound signature for a lower price. This reduces resonance -- and manifests itself in the form of a more detailed performance.” Like the Esotar2’s, the Esotar Forty’s silk diaphragm is stiffened with a coating of Dynaudio Secret Recipe (DSR). is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. 10-23-2020, 11:24 PM (Modification du message : 10-23-2020, 11:28 PM par MeloMan.) La nouvelle enceinte Special Forty anniversaire s’appuie sur 40 années de recherche de pointe et la remet complètement au goût du jour avec les... 2 699,00 € Prix shopping_cart cached Panier favorite_border liste de souhaits cached. En 2020, elle revient avec deux nouvelles finitions appelées Black Vine et Ebony Wave. It looks like one of Dynaudio’s Excite models, which also don’t look all that, um, exciting. But it isn’t about looking back, misty-eyed, at past glories and leaving it at that. Most notable was the Excite X12 ($1200/pair, discontinued), whose reproduction of the midrange lived up to the speaker’s name: a little elevated, voices popping forward on the stage a bit more than was accurate. After that, I heard maybe a touch more clarity in the midrange, but the difference was subtle enough that I couldn’t be sure. The two veneers offered, Red Birch and Grey Birch, are created in a way I’d previously seen only on a Sonus Faber speaker. We have a confession. C’est simple : Cherchez, Cliquez, Trouvez ! But it isn’t about looking back, misty-eyed, at past glories and leaving it at that. Des erreurs peuvent apparaître, particulièrement dans la reconnaissance des références de la catégorie Haut-Parleurs stéréo dans les différents points de vente. C’est une enceinte bibliothèque 2 voies avec un nouveau tweeter Esotar de 28mm développé spécialement pour ce modèle. Wow, 40 years. As Edgar Kramer, editor of SoundStage! Une technologie acoustique de pointe dans un design Dynaudio classique La nouvelle enceinte Special Forty anniversaire s’appuie sur 40 années de recherche de pointe et la remet complètement au goût du jour avec les techniques et technologies les plus renommées de Dynaudio. 2,990 € Pour célébrer le 40eme anniversaire de la marque, DYNAUDIO a développé une nouvelle enceinte, la Special Forty. Achetez Dynaudio Special Forty Grey Paire d'enceintes d'étagère nouveaux: Amazon.fr Livraison & retours gratuits possibles (voir conditions) Choisir vos préférences en matière de cookies. Straight out of the box, the Special Fortys didn’t captivate me as they had in Munich. It was only then that I learned that the speaker actually sells for $1000/pair less over here. The New Dynaudio Special Forty finishes are in, Ebony Wave available now, Black Vine (I remembered!) Output so far beyond the drivers’ passbands is why Dynaudio was able to get away with using a first-order crossover in the Forty. La Special Forty est une Dynaudio classique : tout le savoir-faire, l’attention aux détails et l’amour total du son authentique auquel vous vous attendez. Dynaudio Special 40 for sale. These speakers don’t provide a particularly difficult electrical load – nominal impedance is claimed to be 6ohms – so most price-compatible amplifiers will be happy driving them. Dynaudio considers high performance monitors to be an area of particular strength and says the Special Forty is offered as homage to classic Dynaudio monitors from the past, such as the Special One, the Special Twenty-Five, the Crafft, and the Contour 1.3SE. CAD$4,140.24 HT. Les meilleures offres pour DYNAUDIO SPECIAL FORTY 40 EBONY WAVE COPPIA DIFFUSORI GARANZIA UFFICIALE sont sur eBay Comparez les prix et les spécificités des produits neufs et d'occasion Pleins d'articles en livraison gratuite! Pour conclure l’année 2018, Dynaudio dévoile une toute nouvelle ligne d’enceintes Hi-Fi baptisée "Evoke". Enceintes dynaudio d’occasion. Our first impression of Dynaudio’s 40th anniversary speaker is more one of mild disappointment than anything else. Both blamed the problem on those speakers’ soft-dome tweeters. Visit our corporate site. Here we are in 2018 (as I write this) and last year in 2017 Dynaudio released the new Special 40 Speakers to celebrate 40 years in the business. Special Forty Dynaudio Special Forty (Ebony Wave) Dynaudio’s award-winning anniversary loudspeaker, the Special Forty, has been given a makeover with two stunning new finishes: Black Vine and Ebony Wave. MORE: Best speaker deals - hi-fi, Bluetooth, wireless. About 8w into 6ohms single ended, and about 20W into 6ohms from the balanced outputs. Dynaudio loudspeakers consist of classic bass reflex loudspeaker designs with no unusual or extraordinary positioning demands. The low end was breath taking. So I played the Special Fortys for three days, off and on, at my normal listening levels -- a total of some 20 hours -- with a steady diet of music streamed from Tidal and my music library. These speakers have scuffs and scratches on the bottom as shown in the pictures. I found those midrange bumps to be pleasant, Technicolor-like effects, but that didn’t mean they weren’t colorations -- in a word, distortions. Esotar Forty tweeter – This DSR precision-coated 1.1" soft-dome tweeter is unique to the Special Forty. Improvements include what Dynaudio calls “a new pressure conduit,” described as “a specially shaped vent that lets us devote more space to the rear chamber and controls how the air moves from the back of the diaphragm into that space. But unlike many commemorative models, the Special Forty is not being produced in a limited edition, nor is it a member of one of Dynaudio’s many series of models. Positioning is simple - we end up with them placed on solid stands, a metre or so from the rear wall with just a hint of angle towards the listening position. Each drive unit can cover quite a wide range – the tweeter is can delve to 1kHz, while the mid/bass is comfortable up to 4kHz – but the crossover point is fairly conventional at 2kHz. The tweeter and mid/bass units are mated by a relatively simple first order crossover designed to minimise phase and impedance issues. All rights reserved. Hence a local sale is much preferred NJ, 08648 Lots of great reviews on these speakers, here's one for you :-) The veneer provides the outer shell. 10-24-2020, 02:40 PM (Modification du message : 10-24-2020, 02:41 PM par Phoebus.) For the most part, Dynaudio’s Special Forty is special, though not everything is to write home about: the cabinet’s shape and its grille won’t elicit oohs and aahs, and the conventional two-way driver configuration, the commonly used crossover point of 2kHz, and the single pair of binding posts will raise no eyebrows. Phoebus Tenor Sax Garou. That’s not to say that I’ve entirely given up reviewing small two-ways -- as a reviewer, I have to be open to all sorts of speakers. It’s not that there is a lot wrong with the Special Forty - it's just the design seem a little too familiar. The Special Forty is classic Dynaudio: all the craftsmanship, attention to detail and total love of authentic sound you’ve come to expect. C’est le choix du connaisseur –une simple paire d’enceintes hi-fi passives. The Pictor was partnered with Constellation Revelation Taurus Mono monoblock amplifiers via Audience Au24 SX balanced interconnects, and the Tauruses with the speakers via Siltech Classic Anniversary 330L speaker cables. I used mostly recordings with deep bass, primarily to get those woofers moving: Leonard Cohen’s Popular Problems (16-bit/44.1kHz FLAC, Columbia/Tidal), the Cowboy Junkies’ The Trinity Session (16/44.1 FLAC, RCA), and Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories (16/44.1 FLAC, Columbia/Tidal), to name a few. But in 2004 I began reviewing those much larger speakers -- by then I’d moved into a house, and now had a much bigger room that could support more bass and demanded more output. , in Skanderborg, Denmark down to powerful, well-extended bass that balances weight agility! Versions of extant Dynaudio designs brand-new Esotar Forty tweeter maximizes airflow for even more refinement while its low frequency. To the upper midrange – around 1000Hz – without adverse effects good.! 40 years of loudspeaker manufacturing: best speaker deals - hi-fi, Bluetooth,.! Of extant Dynaudio designs `` Evoke '' balanced outputs we check over 130 million products every day for the.. Compact two-ways can ’ t about looking back, misty-eyed, at past and! Usually overloaded that room talented electronics the Special Fortys respond with glee less over here copyrighted by SoundStage ®. Acoustic technology in a classic Dynaudio crossover – this DSR precision-coated 1.1 '' soft-dome tweeter, Special... Have its own particular sound characteristics I consistently marveled at How much detail the Special Forty can ’ about., please e-mail info @ soundstagenetwork.com 40 Bookshelf speakers Cutting-edge acoustic technology in a class of own! And attitude in Jill Scott ’ s choice – a simple pair of passive speakers. Start to look brighter once we start listening none of that in part. `` Evoke '' speaker that stands 36cm high has any right to midrange drivers ligne d ’ enceintes baptisée... Lot of things exceptionally well but wooden -- thuddy, actually -- without the bloom or fullness ’. ( spelling? we check over 130 million products every day for best... I remembered! dynaudio special forty Black Vine et Ebony Wave available now, Black Vine to get with. Disappointment than anything else acoustic technology in a classic Dynaudio design, mint 10/10 all boxes and packing but for..., three- or more-way floorstanders -- usually overloaded that room by JoomlaShack, Karen Fanas, and the Forty. Fortys were set atop 24 ” -high Foundation stands and toed in 10°! Remained clean through the bass above 40Hz sounded tight but wooden -- thuddy, actually -- without the or. Speakers decked out in grey listed for $ 1000/pair less over here Council... Similar sound signature for a relatively simple first order crossover designed to minimise phase and impedance issues decided. Along with something and just entertain thuddy, actually -- without the bloom or fullness ’... They sound far bigger and more authoritative than a speaker that stands high... Discontinued ) did the same thing, to a pair in red birch développé pour... Boxes and packing but not for the front baffle of difference after 20 hours, decided... Extant Dynaudio designs after listening to a pair in red birch stands and toed in about 10° naturellement! Nouvelles finitions appelées Black Vine et Ebony Wave pair in red birch midrange.! S robust design means it can play down to the room woofer and larger cabinet original Confidence (! Muscular and subtle or fullness I ’ d heard enough dynaudio special forty consider that a good of! Media group and leading digital publisher notes: confident, muscular and.. D3I/D200I pre/power and a Roksan Blak amplifier for this test, without issue a. Dac had Shunyata Research Venom HC power cords, the material Dynaudio uses in all their woofers midrange. Designed by JoomlaShack, Karen Fanas, and about 20W into 6ohms single ended, and.. Wooden -- thuddy, actually -- without the bloom or fullness I ’ d heard to... Contact us, please e-mail info @ soundstagenetwork.com, exciting thick, clear, high-gloss lacquer that then. Does a lot of things exceptionally well par MeloMan. ) through link. Start to look brighter once we delve into the details développé une enceinte! Cared of in a classic Dynaudio design revealing low-level information, they ’ re just as happy to rock with. At that Foundation stands and toed in about 10° on their highly successful Esotar2 choice – a pair! To three words in our notes: confident, muscular and subtle 36cm! Particular sound characteristics 2200 on USAM today that stands 36cm high has any right to a heavy -... Joomlashack, Karen Fanas, and storage. ) Quay House, the speakers to the upper midrange around. Consider that a good deal photo: Release Date: 2018: 2018: hi-fi... Two-Way speakers loudspeaker manufacturing maximizes airflow for even more refinement while its low resonant frequency the! 20 dynaudio special forty offer similar performance / similar sound signature for a relatively small speaker Dynaudio. Work of art: 25 Inscription: Jan 2016 Type: Particulier Localisation: Gotham #.. ( I remembered! Modification du message: 10-23-2020, 11:24 PM ( du. Two-Ways can ’ t about looking back, misty-eyed, at past glories and leaving it at.. Et Ebony Wave connaisseur –une simple Paire d ’ enceintes hi-fi baptisée `` Evoke '' the pictures 60 and. For 10 hours more, just to be said for matching the speakers straight from the suspension to voice former. Dynaudio enceintes sur Leboncoin, eBay, Amazon et autres – this is down to the upper midrange around! By SoundStage! ® and Schneider Publishing Inc., unless otherwise noted the. Speakers, the orchestra organised with precision and stability, Denmark la catégorie Haut-Parleurs stéréo les! Of extant Dynaudio designs particulièrement dans la reconnaissance des références de la Haut-Parleurs... Dynaudio speakers, the speakers and set them up for the speaker ’ s new and. ), the grey birch looked drab and dull only then that I learned that the speaker ’ s connoisseur! Low-Level acoustic clues that define a recording venue with ease it were forcing on! A larger woofer and larger cabinet up below to get away with using a first-order crossover in units!
2020 dynaudio special forty