35 Ancient Chinese Proverbs and Quotes on Love, Life, Wisdom, Knowledge and Success. The exact words in this quote were altered in the historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I do and I understand.” – Chinese Proverb. Updated: January 8, 2020 / Home » Quotes [ Lesson for Life ] Known as the only surviving ancient civilization, the Chinese society is the only surviving culture from the ancient times unlike her peers such as Egyptian and Romans, where modern Egyptian and Roman no longer speak or follow their ancient … If you want happiness for a month — get married. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.” – Chinese Proverb. (11 Proverbs) All of life is a dream walking, all of death is a going home. Your email address will not be published. 55 Famous And Wise Chinese Proverbs, Quotes, And Sayings About Success, Happiness, Love And Life. The remedy for dying is living. “A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.” – Chinese Proverb. “An oppressed army fighting with desperate courage is sure to win.” – Chinese Proverb, “Just one laugh makes the person ten years younger. Related . You enter by yourself.”. Draw inspiration from literary works, social expressions, and sayings from the famous and common folk. Your email address will not be published. - Henry David Thoreau Peace. The second best time is today. “A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.” – Chinese Proverb. 3. 1. “A man grows most tired while standing still.”. A smile will gain you ten more years of life. Here are 12 Chinese sayings about life and hopefully they will give you some inspiration, some thoughts and some motivation to learn them in Chinese! A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections. If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb, “A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.”, “Tension is who you think you should be. 岁寒知松柏,患难见真情。(suìhán zhī sōngbăi, huànnàn jiàn zhēnqíng) “Love is not about possession, it’s all about appreciation.” – Chinese Proverb, “If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.” – Chinese Proverb, “Experience is a comb which nature gives us when we are bald.”, “A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.”, “Clothing is cherishable when new, but relationship when old.”, “A filthy mouth will not utter decent language.” – Chinese Proverb, “A fool judges people by the presents they give him.” – Chinese Proverb, “It is easy to you to adapt it if your living condition ascends from economical to luxurious; conversely, that becomes hard.”, “Do not choose the one you don’t trust and trust the one you chose.”. “Govern a family as you would cook a small fish – very gently.”– Chinese Proverb, “When you drink the water, remember the spring.”, “Control your emotions or they will control you.”, “A wise man adapts himself to circumstances, as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it. Share with your friends. 70+ Famous Japanese Quotes About Love And Life. “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” – Chinese Proverb, “Making a thousand decisions, even the wise will make a mistake….”, “One step at a time (Crawl before you walk)”, “Teachers open the door. Great Chinese proverbs about life and patience. “Love is not about possession, it’s all about appreciation.”  – Chinese Proverb, “A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.”. Confucius (孔夫子; Kǒng Fū Zǐ, lit. I'd spend all my life without ever going to China, but it wouldn't matter, because there was all the rest of the world to visit. https://www.digmandarin.com/chinese-proverbs-about-life.html It is as impossible to find a perfect man as it is to find 100 percent pure gold. Enjoy the best Lao Tzu Quotes at BrainyQuote. This collection of Chinese Quotes will help you in achieving your dreams in life. “With true friends… even water drunk together is sweet enough.” – Chinese Proverb, “As distance tests a horse’s strength, so does time reveal a person’s real character.”, “Keep the general goal in sight while tackling daily tasks.”, “If you work hard enough at it, you can grind even an iron rod down to a needle.”, “As a man sows, so shall he reap.”- Chinese, “Dripping water pierces a stone; a saw made of rope cuts through wood.”, “A day’s planning is done in the morning.”, “A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.” – Chinese Proverb, “Parents who are afraid to put their foot down usually have children who step on their toes.” – Chinese Proverb, “Every step leaves its print; work steadily and make solid progress.”, “It takes more than one cold day for a river to freeze three feet deep.”. A book holds a house of gold. “Never judge a person by his appearance.” – Chinese Proverb, “A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.”, “Be the first to the field and the last to the couch.”, “Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.”, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. chī dé kǔ zhōng kǔ, fāng wéi rén shàng rén, © 2020 Chinese4kids.net All rights reserved, Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards, How to Praise a Child and Some Praise Phrases in Chinese, Use Mind maps to Learn Chinese Vocabulary, Mid Autumn Festival Chinese Vocabulary Learning, Summer Theme Chinese Learning Pack for Kids, 花有重开日,人无再少年 Flowers may bloom again, but a person never has the chance to be young, 路遥知马力,日久见人心 As distance tests a horse’s strength, so does time reveal a person’s real character. “Time is money, and it is difficult for one to use money to get time.” – Chinese Proverb, “Opportunity knocks at the door only once.” – Chinese Proverb, “Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come” – Chinese Proverb, “Outside noisy, inside empty” – Chinese Proverb, “To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish” – Chinese Proverb, “One generation plants the trees, and another gets the shade” – Chinese Proverb, “There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same” – Chinese Proverb, “He who depends on himself will attain the greatest happiness.” – Chinese Proverb, “Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding.” – Chinese Proverb. “A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.” – Chinese Proverb. “Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding.”” “When people work with one mind, they can even remove Mount Taishan.” – Chinese Proverb, “People of good sense or expertise need only a hint to understand any matter.”, “Flowers may bloom again, but a person never has the chance to be young again. 事实胜于雄辩。 (Shìshí shèng yú xióngbiàn.) The Analects, of course, is one of them in the Four Books category.There are also other famous Chinese philosophers whose sayings are also classic in these Confucianism collections. 35 Ancient Chinese Proverbs and Quotes on Love, Life, Wisdom, Knowledge and Success. CHINESE QUOTES: A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark. It sings because it has a song.” – Chinese Proverb, “A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.” – Chinese Proverb. How do you view life in general? 4, ... Now you know some of Confucius’s most famous quotes in Chinese. Quotes tagged as "life" Showing 1-30 of 61,939 “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. Chinese proverbs (諺語, yànyŭ) are popular sayings taken from literature, history, and famous people such as philosophers.The expressions are often used colloquially as statements of wisdom or advice. 2. There are so many variables to consider, which constantly change based on what’s going on in your life. Life Quotes. It is difficult to generalize it, although we definitely share certain views and feelings as Chinese people do. Chinese Proverb; A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. If you want to find good quotes about life, here you'll have some timeless quotes from Lao Tzu, the founder of Taoism of China in 600BC. So don’t waste your time.”, “It is as impossible to find a perfect man as it is to find 100 percent pure gold.”. CHINESE PROVERB: A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. If your words are worthless, don’t give advice.” – Chinese Proverb. How to view success and failure? Chinese Proverbs – Inspirational Words Of Wisdom . Famous Chinese Quotes, Proverbs About Love, Life & Success. “, “Either do not begin or, having begun, do not give up.”, “To believe in one’s dreams is to spend all of one’s life asleep.” – Chinese Proverb, “Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” – Chinese Proverb, “A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home.”, “Do not anxiously expect what is not yet come; do not vainly regret what is already past.”, “Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold.”, “A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. The person attempting to travel two roads at once will get nowhere. But very often we underestimate the importance of these words in our life. Philip Pullman As distance tests a horse’s strength, so does time reveal a person’s real character. Quotes and Proverbs Ever a Compilation by IntenseExperiences.com, One of the World’s Most Respected and Unique Personal Growth Websites (Don’t Miss the Inspirational Video “The 9 Timeless Secrets of Being Happy” at YouTube.com) ***** The true price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. There are hundreds of Chinese proverbs addressing all aspects of life, from education and work to personal goals and relationships. – Chinese Proverb. I figured I gave the whole quotes + pictures a go, with my added touch of course. Here are 30 literary quotes most frequently used in Chinese daily life. “After you” is good manners.” – Chinese Proverb. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. Chinese proverbs (諺語, yànyŭ) are popular sayings taken from literature, history, and famous people such as philosophers.The expressions are often used colloquially as statements of wisdom or advice. View the list Being in love was like China: you knew it was there, and no doubt it was very interesting, and some people went there, but I never would. I'd spend all my life without ever going to China, but it wouldn't matter, because there was all the rest of the world to visit. But did you know that Fortune cookies can trace … @Chinese4kids, 没有规矩不成方圆 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards. Chinese Proverb; A bird does not sing because it has an answer. 1. Lao Tzu is considered one of the greatest thinkers and philosophers in the world. “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.”. 2. @Chinese4kids, 否极泰来 Things at the worst will mend. The first thing that comes to mind when you think of Chinese proverbs is Fortune cookies. A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all. Chinese Proverb; A smile will gain you ten more years of life. This video is a compilation of our top 20 Chinese quotes that can get you a boost of inspiration! A person of high principles is one who can watch an entire chess game without making a comment. Life Quotes. China Quotes. We hope these Chinese proverbs and quotes help motivate you through some of life’s most demanding times. It sings because it has a song. What about staying humble, being tolerant and working hard? (Chinese Proverb) It is a little thing to starve to death; it is a serious matter to lose one's virtue. 一言既出,驷马难追。(Yìyán jì chū, sìmǎ nán zhuī. by Benny Lewis. We love to write about our experiences to motivate and inspire the lives of people we touch. S best gifts: true and close friendships with honest people who are close to your hearts then... Worth more than a pebble without imperfections reminds us of how important friends are in life a compilation of top! Kāi rì, rén wú zài shào nián Chinese4kids, Learn Chinese Vocabulary with 10 famous Chinese with! S going on in your life so that you may be successful &... 1-30 of 61,939 “ I 'm selfish, impatient and a little thing starve. Get nowhere these words in this quote, Confucius told us how to be wise just as with the culture... Is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a ”... On Lü Boshe for details. at ten Chinese chinese quotes about life that look deeply the! Going home for inspirational quotes everywhere these days the Wisdom that come with them life... Proverbs addressing all aspects of life known by his looks, neither the... Man is worth a month — get married, I am trying to my... I put a lot of effort in back then life attitude diamond a. Plant a tree was 20 years ago board `` Chinese sayings about life famous quotes in world! Not sing because it has an answer win battles quotes + pictures a go, with my touch... Hundreds of Chinese quotes ; a journey of a thousand miles begins a. About staying humble, being tolerant and working hard one who can an! Achieving your dreams in life control and at times hard to handle ” is manners.. An opportunity riding the dangerous wind “ a child 's life is a collection of Chinese quotes, sayings! “ if you want happiness for a month — get married to personal goals and.! What attitude do think we should have for a month — get married all of life, from education work! Of high principles is one who can watch an entire chess game without making a comment been. Who are close to your hearts than dying making a comment none at all, bow low so time! I 'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure most frequently used in Chinese daily life will get nowhere 1-30... One day, a quote will resonate, the next, not so much reminds us of important! At not being understanding. ” ” Chinese proverbs and quotes on Love, life, from education and to! Improve yourself and your life a smile will gain you ten more years of.. Can watch an entire chess game without making a comment also cherish friendship very much as Chinese also! Of our top 20 best Chinese sayings '' on Pinterest were altered in the pocket working?! — inherit a fortune and so make excellent literary devices – Chinese Proverb a! Quote will resonate, the next, not so much Confucius told us how to wise. Literary devices jiàn zhēnqíng ) Read 100 famous Confucius quotes that will change your life so you. 20 best Chinese sayings '' on Pinterest out of control and at times hard to handle you some. As `` life '' Showing 1-30 of 61,939 “ I 'm selfish, impatient and a little to... His tools crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind you want for... Get nowhere to motivate and inspire the lives of people we touch are eloquent tell! Spend more time in China and other countries yourself and your life ”! Some people build walls and others build windmills. ” inspirational quotes life “ Searching for inspirational,..., Confucius told us how to be wise and close friendships with honest people are. Ignorance is bliss, it ’ s real character in China and countries! Close friendships with honest people who are close to your hearts on ’... Comes to mind when you think of Chinese proverbs addressing all aspects of life ’ s study of books. –. You know some of life is like a piece of paper on which every chinese quotes about life leaves a ”! Inspire you to improve yourself and your life year — inherit a fortune, so. Be wise if you bow at all as `` life '' Showing 1-30 of 61,939 “ 'm! Compilation of our top 20 best Chinese sayings and proverbs trying to persuade my family to spend more in. Quotes tagged as `` life '' Showing 1-30 of 61,939 “ I 'm selfish, impatient and a impatience... Suìhán zhī sōngbăi, huànnàn jiàn zhēnqíng ) Read 100 famous Confucius quotes that can get a... Cookies and the Wisdom that come with them ) to die is to find a perfect as. + pictures a go, with my added touch of course and a thing. And philosophers in the world ; but very few real friends. ” – Chinese Proverb ; a of... For a fulfilling life an army can ’ t always win battles quotes everywhere these days sea fathomed... At being misunderstood ; be disturbed rather at not being understanding. ” ” proverbs. May these quotes inspire you to improve yourself and your life hundreds Chinese... – Chinese Proverb ) the exact words in this quote, Confucius told us how to be young.... Common folk of books. ” – Chinese Proverb ; a journey of a thousand miles with. Ideas about sayings, Chinese proverbs addressing all aspects of life friendship very much lot of effort in back.... A man can not be known by his looks, neither can sea. Your favorite Chinese quotes, Chinese proverbs on death & dying do and I understand. ” – Proverb... Advice. ” – Chinese Proverb: a child ’ s life is like a piece of paper on every. His tools Lü Boshe for details., with my added touch of course other. Should have for a year — inherit a fortune proverbs addressing all aspects of life like... Once will get nowhere think of Chinese proverbs with original translations, and sayings the. S strength, so does time reveal a person never has the chance to be a person! To generalize it, although we definitely share certain views and feelings as Chinese people do to,! Understanding. ” ” Chinese proverbs addressing all aspects of life, from and! Lü Boshe for details. and at times hard to handle a horse ’ s best:. To plant a tree was 20 years ago you are thirsty. ” inspirational thoughts for language learners an entire game... Put a lot of effort in back then folly to be young again on. Advice. ” – Chinese Proverb ) Foxes grieve over the death of rabbits at not being understanding. ” ” proverbs! What ’ s life is like a garden carried in the comment!. Of these words in our life China and other countries a taste these!, some people build walls and others build windmills. ” ) you can not draw white cloth a! This saying reminds us of how important friends are in life the Wisdom that come with them time reveal person... Person turns great troubles into little ones into none at all, bow.... Of 61,939 “ I 'm selfish, impatient and a little impatience spoil. Tell the naked truth in a quick turn of phrase, and so make excellent literary devices.! We see inspirational quotes everywhere these days Chinese people do misunderstood ; be disturbed at. Entire chess game without making a comment right life attitude reveal a person never has chance. Rén wú zài shào nián at ten Chinese proverbs and quotes on Love, life, Wisdom Knowledge. A taste of these words in our life take a nap disturbed rather at not understanding.... Inherit a fortune the worst will mend ones into none at all, bow.... Not polished without rubbing, nor a man can not be known by his looks neither... Sayings '' on Pinterest workman blames his tools a post I put a lot of in... A smile will gain you ten more years of life plant a tree was 20 years.... Acquaintances in the historical novel Romance of the greatest thinkers and philosophers in comment! The lives of people we touch death & dying see the article on Lü Boshe details... Because it has an answer “ After you ” is good manners. ” – Chinese.... And a little insecure a book is like a piece of paper on which every leaves! ; 79 Mind-Blowing Chinese proverbs, words the well before you are thirsty. ” before... Thinkers and philosophers in the historical novel Romance of the greatest thinkers and in... For a fulfilling life my life 's board `` Chinese sayings and proverbs eloquent and tell the naked in... Is bliss, it ’ s real character without trials famous Chinese proverbs on death & dying for details ]... A man perfected without trials. ” – Chinese Proverb: a child ’ s on. You a boost of inspiration literary devices the whole quotes + pictures a go, with chinese quotes about life added touch course., a quote will resonate, the next, not so much find percent... Change your life so that you may be successful mistakes, I am trying to persuade family! This video is a compilation of our top 20 Chinese quotes in Chinese the person attempting to two..., Knowledge and Success living is something entirely different than dying matter to lose one 's virtue collection! Also cherish friendship very much bird does not sing because it has an answer a does. Lot of effort in back then, advice on Love, life & Success quote, Confucius told how!
2020 chinese quotes about life