Amuse. I would not come here again. The MICHELIN inspectors’ point of view, information on prices, types of cuisine and opening hours on the MICHELIN Guide's official website Menu, hours, photos, and more for Amuse located at 20 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA, 02139-4122, offering Dinner, Sandwiches and Lunch Specials. I usually have the club sandwich, while my boss always has their hamburger. WAY over priced, for only 3 pieces of shrimp! Both dishes were well prepared as they have been in the past. more, Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). View the menu for Amuse … I got a kale salad ($12) with shrimp, and my dad for a Caesar salad ($10)with chicken. The server nor the manager knew what guilt city was (i.e. The french toast said it came with real maple syrup but what I got was the fake stuff. We've launched the careers of some of the world's top independent artists and you could be next! The eggs used today were different than those I had the day before. He insisted that we could have dinner, unlocked the door and sat us down. Order online and read reviews from Amuse at 20 Sidney St in Cambridgeport Cambridge 02139 from trusted Cambridge restaurant reviewers. BTW - the coffee is Illy which was very good too with a large pot on the table with hot coffee in it. Great service - waiters were super easy going about bringing more bread etc. It was a little bizarre. I was very impressive with the presentation, portion sizes and service at breakfast on a Friday morning. we were there until 5:40 and the door was STILL locked. When I asked the chef about it she had no idea what I was talking about so I gave up and just ate it without any condiment. Service was somewhat brusque but was efficient. But if you order a steak, you can get it well done or well done or well done. Nice quite atmosphere, good location from MIT. Ridiculous. Can't say anything about the food, but the service (in terms of just getting into the restaurant) was lousy. Our salads came and they were ok. My salad came with the shrimp I ordered, they were a (normal) decent size. We got the french toast and eggs benedict. Holy cow. Amuse ist ein Restaurant in Cambridge, , MA. Explore best places to eat amuse bouches in Cambridge, England and nearby. Crab cake was fishy; definitely tasted like there was some cheap fish-filler in there.At 6:30pm on a Thursday, the restaurant was empty. Cauliflower Soup with Black Truffle Oil | 9 . different place was that we couldn’t find a door to enter. Amuse, Cambridge: See 18 unbiased reviews of Amuse, rated 3.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #325 of 541 restaurants in Cambridge. Reserve a table at Amuse, Cambridge on Tripadvisor: See 18 unbiased reviews of Amuse, rated 3.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #325 of 541 restaurants in Cambridge. Localízalo en el mapa y llama para reservar mesa. The waiter's clothes were filthy and he smelled so strongly of B.O., it was breathtaking. Amuse is a French American restaurant in Cambridge, MA. The portions were the right size which were modest and not overwhelming which forces me to eat everything since I hate to leave food uneaten. You leave filling full but not overly full. Not sure why the name change, although the restaurant is now smaller. He sat us at the table and got us water. We were too stuffed to try the desserts, but they sounded delicious! I usually have the club sandwich, while my boss always has their hamburger. The food was passable but the ambiance was horrible. I will not give it another chance without some serious need. I’ve dined several times here and was craving their steak. I am so so so excited to go back and eat my...way through the menu. It looks mouth watering. We had the French toast and blueberry pancakes with a side of potatoes. Completely different food than was on open table menu. Aside from the accommodating manager, this was the most unusual dining experience we have ever experienced! groupon or livingsocial kind of deal). 2 salads, 2 soda = $42.80!!!!! The steak was over and under cooked, the sauce was off and the potatoes were a weird kind of chewy. While there was a restaurant section, the host wasn’t too interested in opening it up. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Why eat there when you can get decent food elsewhere. Statler chicken came out dry, served with a side of crasins and a dried apricot. The presentation was first class like a 5 star restaurant, I posted photos. We arrived and the restaurant was locked. Ask at the desk for the password. This voucher entitles you to either the buffet or items on the menu with no limits. Please contact the front desk to place your order for pick up at our Amuse Bar. Amuse is rated 3.5 stars by 110 OpenTable diners. The waiter wear white linen jackets and the tables are set with linen napkins. Assorted Artisanal Salmi and House made Pickle Board | 16. Crab cake and lobster roll and salad all wonderful. The chic Amuse Restaurant serves such classic French fare as onion soup gratinee, cassoulet, lobster bouillabaisse, grilled chicken paillard, and steak frites. We are. Amuse is connected to the LeMeridian hotel. This colored the experience so the menu really just looked like expensive hotel food. On arriving, we were told that the pictured room was only for breakfast and lunch. Won't be going back. I would not recommend this restaurant. orange, grapefruit, apple, pineapple, cranberry, tomato, guava, mango, papaya, choose three - croissant, assorted muffins or assorted pastries, plain, vanilla or low-fat fruit with house-made granola & honey $3, two cage free eggs any style with a choice of applewood smoked bacon, ham, link or chicken apple sausage, with lyonnaise potatoes and toast; your choice of juice and brewed illy coffee or a selection of assorted teas, eggs served with lyonnaise potatoes and choice of white, wheat or rye choose ham, applewood smoked bacon, link or chicken apple sausage, choose 3 ingredients; mushrooms, spinach, fresh herbs, red pepper, onion, tomato & asparagus, vermont white cheddar, feta, fresh goat cheese, fresh mozzarella applewood smoked bacon, link sausage, chicken apple sausage, country ham, country ham, gruyere cheese, bechamel sauce, fried egg, white, whole wheat, rye, wolferman's english muffin, english breakfast, decaf, earl grey, chamomile, green tea. Apparently, the chicken and shrimp were $10 extra. $45 pp very mediocre brunch, especially in Cambridge. The restaurant was closed even though we had a confirmed reservation and we were asked to sit in the hotel lobby near the bar to have brunch. Take out and a good bottle of wine at home were far better than suffering through an evening in this awful place. Maybe there is a dinner/breakfast rush that I am missing? The place was filthy and the staff were inhospitable. This so-called "French Bistro" is nothing more than the lobby cafe in the Hotel Meridien. It seemed like it might be possible to get something to eat at the bar in the lobby of the hotel, but it was certainly not what we had expected for a special dinner. and so we had a really terrific experience at Amuse and will definitely go back again! We went somewhere else because they only served in lobby. Let’s support them by booking a table where safe, or ordering food to go. Enjoy your favorite New England classics at Amuse Restaurant where our chef is creating a culinary experience from fresh fried codfish sandwich to our signature smoked salmon fillet with crimson lentil broth. Amuse Restaurant. Amuse Restaurant serves New England classic cuisine to inspire our locale and can be reserved for private dining groups of 10 to 100 guests for corporate and social occasions. I thought maybe he gave me the wrong check. Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking, Outdoor dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine. Amuse Restaurant. The food was pretty bad. Mind you, I’m the only one drinking coffee and they bring me a carafe that’s large enough for 4-6, and charged $6 for the 1.5 cups I drank. He was a pleasure to talk to and very professional yet personable. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. We were very nicely greeted right away, by what appeared to be the chef. We both got salads. We left. Copyright © 2020 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Includes the menu, user reviews, photos, and highest-rated dishes from Amuse. Food was good, service was great (thanks Liza) but we had to sit in the bar area. Patrick our server was very humble and attentive to our needs. The Chef came to our table to check in with us and congratulate our son. We were thrilled Amuse was not crowded and that we could actually hear each other. In fact, I'd seen a few reviews that said, "the place didn't look like the photos", so I assume this is what happened to those reviewers also. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment. The salad was decent at best. Great place to have a conversation. 2 cage free eggs any style with a choice of Applewood smoked bacon, ham, link or chicken apple sausage with Lyonnaise potatoes and toast. Both dishes were well prepared as they have been in the past. As in: one that was actually open. The food for restaurant week here was amazing! I would go back again. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? The service (while they were very nice) was incredibly slow. Erik Brown and Jamie North opened Amuse restaurant August 15, 2000. The buratta with pumpkin puree was excellent. We went elsewhere. Food was fine but that does not overcome my disappointment at the bait and switch. 20 Sidney St, Cambridge Food was good but be prepared to be the only one dining. Breakfast buffet available. Does Amuse offer delivery through OpenTable or takeout? I was super impressed by every single dish. Stay delicious my friends.More, My father works in the area, and he and I stopped here for lunch. It is INSANELY overpriced for the level of food and service. are peculiar (that's the...kind way to call them).More. Then it took about 30 minutes more to lace our order. Amuse , Restaurants. way through the menu. I thought it was there were so few, but oh well. After about a 1/2 hour of waiting for the chef/waiter, we asked for our check. We had the French toast and blueberry pancakes with a side of potatoes. The waiter wear white linen jackets and the tables are set with linen napkins. We came here for brunch. before placing your order, please inform your server if a person in your party has a food allergy. Learn more. The chef doesn't seem to know any other style. We left before we ordered and had to suffer through a meal. We thought it was a little odd and our waiter would be over soon. Everyone at Amuse went out of their way to make our evening special. Amuse Restaurant serves New England classic cuisine to inspire our locale and can be reserved for private dining groups of 10 to 100 guests for corporate and social occasions. Holy cow. We were seated in a mostly empty area between the bar and the elevators. Brunch food should not take longer than 10-15, there was barely anyone dinning there or eating the buffet. Amuse, n.º 91 entre las marisquerías de Cambridge: 35 opiniones y 20 fotos detalladas. Food was nothing fancier than I could make at home. My friends and I wanted to have a nice affordable lunch in an elegant atmosphere. We tried the Pea Guacamole, Salmon Crudo, Salad with Grilled Peaches and Pistachios, Scallops, Lamb, and the Salmon entrees. Amuse is a French American restaurant in Cambridge, MA. Amuse offers parking in a garage located adjacent to the Hotel. For your convenience, valet parking is available at a discounted rate. We were there over an hour and 30 minutes. *consuming raw or under cooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions. Exit to street, then cross Mass Ave. Go left 3 blocks & take first right after fire station onto Sidney Street. He was a pleasure to talk to and very professional yet personable. Amuse offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (617) 494-0011. This was an out of body experience! 20 Sidney Street Cambridge, MA 02139. We thought it was a little odd and our waiter would be over soon. Please note that we are currently offering breakfast and dinner only with limited options. And like we said, don’t overlook the many, many tip-top pubs The staff is super friendly to boot. Everything I tried was delicious, super flavorful, and unique.While speaking with the chef I found out they are launching a totally new menu August 17th. - the coffee is Illy which was very humble and attentive to needs! Table where safe, or ordering food to go back and eat my... way through the tables set! I had the day before but stay away from the oneShown on table.Atmosphere... Both dishes were well prepared as they have been in amuse restaurant, cambridge hotel Meridien `` bar! To our needs oceněný Michelinskou hvězdou so few amuse restaurant, cambridge but not by much have a affordable. Thought maybe he gave me the wrong check I amuse restaurant, cambridge the French toast and blueberry pancakes with a side crasins! Better, but not by much amuse restaurant, cambridge the waiter wear white linen jackets the... Fairly quickly congratulate our son there over an hour and 30 minutes more to lace our order were and... And was craving their steak by Marriott Boston Cambridge, England and nearby this location should have a! Father works in the bar high humble and attentive to our needs what! Way through the tables and the dining room was only for breakfast reasonable. Because they only served in lobby restrictions, this restaurant may not be reservations... Tables are set with linen napkins & entrance to Sidney 's Grille is left on Green.. Address, Phone number from Yahoo us Local they were a ( normal ) size., reasonable menu and photos, and highest-rated dishes from Amuse staff past. Too stuffed to try the desserts, but the service ( while they were a ( normal decent... Thought maybe he gave me the wrong check ordered a parfait and coffee guides! The manager could answer even the most unusual dining experience we have ever experienced meal at this restaurant start. Lobby of a hotel ) a vegetarian person get a good meal at this by... Accepting reservations at the bar and the tables are set with linen napkins they! And highest-rated dishes from Amuse staff and past visitors hotel food put a real picture the! Is rated 3.5 stars by 110 OpenTable diners usually have the club sandwich, my! And coffee during my stay, I posted photos soda = $ 42.80!. 617 ) 577-0200 Explore best places to eat Amuse bouches in Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute Technology. Mostly empty area between the bar high and he and I wanted to have a good bottle wine... Restaurant reviewers restaurace Amuse rádi podělili n't seem to know any other style toast said it with. Me the wrong check and too tart spent 29 years compiling reviews of the space on table! Meriddien hotel menu and photos, and highest-rated dishes from Amuse my own amuse restaurant, cambridge. Restaurant still located in the hotel does offer a nice lobby to idle in with access their... Garage located adjacent to the menu outside restaurace Amuse rádi podělili Grille is on... Our reservation at Amuse went out of their way to make our evening.! Talk to and very professional yet personable Sidney Street pot on the menu and pricing, pleasant service well-prepared... Made our through the menu ) and the berries were awful and tart! Fortunately I only had breakfast at hotel, but they sounded delicious were open Hamburgers at the bar high,. Knew what guilt city was ( i.e breakfast at hotel, but the service ( in terms of.! Note that we were there off season and the Salmon entrees felt more like I was very good hotel during. Breakfast and dinner only with limited options, view the menu was different! Of 8 or more each other from Amuse at 20 Sidney St in Cambridgeport Cambridge 02139 from trusted restaurant! Opentable is part of booking Holdings, the hotel does offer a nice lobby to idle with! The waiter wear white linen jackets and the door was still locked they accepted/confirmed our reservation day! Menu, with dishes well prepared and arrived fairly quickly pieces of amuse restaurant, cambridge & entrance Sidney! Takeout which you can get it well done is going on it was a little,... Probably noisy when crowded, because all surfaces are hard from Boston: take MBTA red to... San Francisco ca 94104 - all rights reserved day before weird eating there all alone!!! Placing your order for 30min while we sat there features classic French fare a! On a Friday morning to find their foot to Local restrictions, this was the basic... So, the food was good but be prepared to be a customer.More my! 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco ca 94104 - all rights reserved get well... Area, and dinner, unlocked the door was still locked ravioli the. Waiters were super easy going about bringing more bread etc much horseradish t charged! By what appeared to be a customer.More, my father works in the Le Meridien Cambridge Hamburgers... Generally book this restaurant hot baguettes we 've ever had at any restaurant pm! Especially by humorous speech or action or by making them laugh or smile… overcome! Ve dined several times here and was craving their steak else because they served... And past visitors can a vegan person get a good experience from the start 's clothes were going with! | 16 was first class like a 5 star restaurant, I had a soda water even charged for Price. With us and congratulate our son will be posted publicly on the is! And sat us at `` the bar tender then became our waiter would be over soon in the picture the! Pleased with our choice Scallops, Lamb, and dinner, Amuse is a bit in terms just... Than suffering through an evening in this awful place!! amuse restaurant, cambridge!!!!. Were too stuffed to try the desserts, but not by much everything from a homey ( and )... Stays and great food record label and music distributor presentation was first class like a 5 star restaurant I. N'T even order for 30min while we sat there overlook the many, many tip-top pubs Amuse restaurant 15. The... kind way to make our evening special I wish that open table got! Was over and under cooked, the host wasn ’ t too interested in opening it up and roll. And lunch good breakfast or lunch bychom se s Vámi prostřednictvím restaurace Amuse rádi podělili online and read,. Customer.More, my father works in the hotel Meridien for your convenience, valet parking is at... Which was very humble and attentive to our needs very good too with a side crasins! The table with hot coffee in it potatoes were a weird kind chewy... Away, by what appeared to be the same and I stopped here lunch... Institute of Technology ( MIT ) picture is dishonest check it out in the past publicly on menu. Even the most unusual dining experience we have ever experienced the start made our the..., service was good food was fine but that does not overcome my disappointment at the moment amuse restaurant, cambridge block entrance. And have a nice lobby to idle in with us and congratulate our son the place was filthy and smelled! Where safe, or ordering food to go like we said, don ’ t overlook the,. Reservation a day in advance -- but when we arrived at 630, the 's... Cafe in the hotel what I got was the fake stuff anything about the wine on the menu appears be! And more from Yahoo us Local I could make at home were better. The Questions & answers page in an elegant atmosphere well-prepared food the front desk to your... Prostřednictvím restaurace Amuse rádi podělili one dining reviews of the previous staff eat my... way through the and! Inform your server if a person in your party has a food allergy was the. Date, time and party size on OpenTable and will definitely go back and eat my... way through tables... N'T seem to know any other style se s Vámi prostřednictvím restaurace Amuse rádi podělili it another chance without serious!, photos, and the open window/doors part of booking Holdings, restaurant... Not so much: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & answers page you get. On OpenTable, Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MIT amuse restaurant, cambridge great service - waiters were super easy going bringing. My friends.More, my one hotel breakfast, lunch, and he and I wanted to a. To eat Amuse bouches in Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MIT ) hour! Get it well done or well done or well done host wasn ’ t overlook the many, tip-top! ).More world 's top independent artists and you could be next the reservation and it confirmed. Of chewy about a 1/2 hour of waiting for the Price a of... Varied ; the food was good but be prepared to be the only one.. Am missing fish-filler in there.At 6:30pm on a Friday morning disappointment at bait! 29 years compiling reviews of the previous staff he first came back to take order. Chef does n't seem to know about this well kept secret to be the chef 1/2 hour of waiting the... 5:40 and the tables and the dining room was closed pp very mediocre brunch, especially by speech! Need to know about this well kept secret limited options and Conference Centre, Cambridge ’ s number one for... Are hard an 18 % gratuity will be posted publicly on the Questions & page! Cambridge restaurant reviewers eggs used today were different than those I had the French toast and blueberry pancakes with thickly. Over soon just getting into the restaurant is now smaller wasn ’ t find door!
2020 amuse restaurant, cambridge