Five Ministry Blogs You Should Read
Blogs have changed the way we learn in recent years. There was a time when the only people able to make their ideas heard beyond a physical group meeting needed a book deal, radio show, or had to become tele-vangelists! Now, normal people have an outlet to share ideas all over the world on websites just like Reach the Deaf. For us in Deaf Ministry, there are almost no blogs that specifically deal with leading a Deaf Ministry or Deaf Church (that’s why we are here). However, there are many blogs that we can learn from to help us reach the Deaf world.
I wanted to put together a short list of five practical ministry blogs that I have learnt from and enjoyed lately. I hope they help you take your ministry to the next level like they have mine! We don’t support or endorse everything you read through these blogs. Outside of the Bible, there is not nothing out there everyone will agree with all of the time. At Reach the Deaf, are committed to equipping, encouraging, and engaging LEADERS; people who can read through information, separate the wheat and the chaff, and learn accordingly. Each of these blogs have a different angle relating to ministry, but they all are practical resources for you and your ministry.
- Thom Rainer– Thom Rainer is the president of LifeWay. He is also a former pastor, educator, church consultant, and has written about two dozen books about ministry. His blog is full of wholesome, seasoned wisdom for people in ministry from someone who has done and seen almost everything ministry has to offer.
- UnSeminary– UnSeminary aims to teach people everything they did not learn in seminary or Bible college. This blog focuses on the practical aspects of ministry from church websites, preaching, church budgets, and everything in between.
- Sam Rainer– This is the son of the Thom Rainer previously listed. He has some great insights as a young senior pastor for moving churches and ministries forward into the future.
- Chuck Lawless– Chuck Lawless started blogging for Thom Rainer (the same one as above) before transitioning to his own platform. He is also a seasoned pastor and educator with and his blog has more theological depth than the others listed but still blends that Theology with practical ministry tips.
- Preaching Donkey– This blog wins my “favorite name” award! The idea is that if God could speak through a donkey (Numbers 22:28-31), then he can absolutely speak through us! Preaching Donkey is more than a clever name. The whole thrust is to help preachers and teachers do what they do better. This is easily one of my favorite blogs about preaching.
There you have it! Five blogs that you might also enjoy along with Reach the Deaf!
What other blogs would you add to our list? Let us know in the comments!